The blows and whistles for the Free Firefox Web Browser for Android Mobile Phones have increased when the new Firefox 9.0 free download was released to the public before Christmas. Not only is the new Firefox web browser for android mobile phone and tablet computers given a new graphical user interface (GUI). The makeover did not stop there.
Mozilla Firefox 9.0 now supports HTML5 better and though the reviews of some users are not that convincing, it remains more favored over Skyfire Web Browser (Android version). Funny because Skyfire continues to receive better user comments and reviews for the past few months.
If you have some complaints with the latest stable release of Firefox (version 9), post please post them in the comments section. In the meantime, the release notes of of Firefox 9 include the following:
- Firefox has a new experience for tablets (like Google Android Panimage 7-Inch Color Touchscreen Tablet PC) that leverages the large screen size and makes mobile Web browsing more intuitive. Popular Firefox features like tabs and the Awesome Screen are optimized for tablets.
- Full-Screen Portrait Browsing: Firefox takes advantage of large tablet screens so you can use the full screen to browse the Web, even in portrait mode. Tabs are listed in a top left menu and easily hide when you don’t need them
- Tab Optimization: Tabs are shown as thumbnails in the left panel of Firefox, allowing you to easily switch between tabs while still viewing full websites on the right. You can swipe to the left to hide tabs for a full screen view
- New Action Bar with Quick Access Buttons: You can access Firefox Preferences, Add-ons, downloads and more in the new Action Bar menu (next to the Awesome Bar). The Action Bar adds back, forward and bookmark buttons for easy access
- HTML5 Input Tag for Camera Access: Developers can build mobile websites and Web apps that allow you to use the camera on an Android phone or tablet to take pictures, scan bar codes and more without leaving Firefox
- HTML5 Form Validation: Firefox supports the HTML5 Form Validation API which automatically validates website form fields like numbers, emails and URLs without developers needing to write a custom code or use a third-party library
One good alternative to Firefox web browser for Android phones is Dolphin HD browser. It’s also a free software downloadable from the Android market so you might as well give it a try for a few minutes. The Firefox 10 is still in Beta so we cannot recommend you get it at this point in time.