Pixelmator Photo Editing Tool is a very good app for Mac OS X 10.6 computers (minimum system requirements). In case you’ve tried the free iPiccy Free Online Photo Editor but want a Mac OS App that can give you somewhat more features, Pixelmator is the photo editor we highly recommended for your Macbook or Macbook Air notebook.
For as long as you are running Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard or the updated Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, the Pixelmator photo editor will not give your any problems. The price is relatively low – US$29.99 – and downloadable from the Mac App Store. Pixelmator’s price, in comparison to Photoshop Elements 9, is very cheap. It can virtually do what Photoshop can do so if you are after some savings, this app is undeniably a good alternative to Photoshop price-wise and features-wise.
Here are some of the Pixelmator Photo editing software feature highlights:
- Adjust image size and resolution
- Fill and Stroke images, layers or selections
- Interface designed for work with images
- Layers-based image editing
- Photo Browser in Pixelmator offers quick access to your iPhoto or Aperture library, events, albums, and smart albums.
- Prepare and export images for the Web
- Transform images, layers or selections using transform tools
- Use over 15 color correction tools
- Use over 150 filters
- Use over 40 tools for selecting, crop, painting, retouching, typing, measuring and navigation
See for yourself the power of this photo editor as thousands of Mac notebook owners have already given it high ratings.