The Shazam free music app is a timely download for music lovers. With all the iPhone 5 rumors coming out, more and more free and paid music app are coming out of iTunes. One very useful music app for iPhone 4/3GS, iPod Touch, iPad tablet computer is Shazam Music Identifier app. It’s free to download on iTunes but some services are paid.
With the free version of Shazam you get only 5 music to be identified. This is the limit. If you want more of the music application’s full features, get the full version. This one though is paid. For the iPhone 5, we’ll have to wait for its release date to come so we can determine if Shazam will work just fine. User reviews of this app just don’t like the fact that it’s not totally free of charge. Same here.
But how does a music identifier app work? Well, not many of us have good memory. Sometimes we know the tune of the song but we can’t just remember the title, artist, and so on. Shazam assists us in identifying these music data.
As per documentation, you can also accomplish the following with the new Shazam Music App:
Save & listen again (up to 90 sec preview)
- Buy tracks easily on iTunes
- Watch music videos, concerts and artist clips on YouTube
- Share music with your friends on Facebook and Twitter
- Learn the lyrics you thought you knew
- Discover new music from your Shazam Friends and Shazam Charts
- Find out when an artist is on tour or has a new album available
- Use it when you don’t have a signal
There are very important notes that users of Shazam should take into consideration:
- If you used Shazam on your current iPhone / iPod touch before November 9, 2009, you’re still entitled to unlimited usage.
- Shazam on the iPod Touch requires an external microphone for models without a camera.
- Previewing and buying music requires the iTunes music store in your country. Previews are courtesy of iTunes.
Lyrics are available in the US, CA, UK, FR, IT, DE, ES, AU & NZ.