We’ve tested Apple’s native Remote App that works seamlessly with iPhone 4, iPod Touch and iPad Tablet (iOS devices). We were not serious at first in trying out this app that turns our iTouch, iPhone and iPad Tablet into a remote controller. The remote control functions of this app proved amazing!
For one, there is no better way to remotely control iTunes but with this Remote App. You got to download it free from the Apple App Store to see how it can make playing music and videos on iTunes (desktop) an effortless task. It automatically syncs all the music and videos played on your iPod Touch, iPad Tablet PC + iPhone and iTunes.
Here’s how it works.
Control iTunes and Apple TV using your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad over your Wi-Fi network. Choose playlists, songs, and albums as if you were right in front of your computer or Apple TV. From anywhere in your home change a song, pick a playlist or browse through your entire library. With a flick of your finger, you can even control every aspect of the Apple TV user interface. Use your device’s QWERTY keyboard to quickly tap out the title instead of clicking letters on the Apple TV screen. Then keep tapping to play, fast forward, rewind, and pause to your finger’s content. Remote has been fully optimized to take advantage of the large screen real estate of the iPad as well as the spectacular Retina display in the iPhone 4, and new iPod touch.
- Control iTunes and Apple TV, from anywhere in your home
- Pause, rewind, fast forward, shuffle, and adjust the volume from your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad
- View album, movie, and TV show artwork
- Create and update Genius playlists
- Create and edit playlists in iTunes
- Search your entire iTunes library
- Control iTunes to send music to AirPlay speakers
- Control the volume on each speaker independently
- Control Apple TV with simple finger gestures
- Enter text with the keyboard
- Even control Shared Libraries on iTunes and the new Apple TV
With all the cool features and benefits of transforming our iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS and iPad into remote control devices, we’re giving the Remote App a very good review – 5 stars! Download the Remote app free on iTunes and experience it yourself. It’s definitely one of the best iPhone apps we can recommend to everyone.